The junior year is an important year to create plans for a career path. Students should consider applying to college, lining up work, or getting specific training at a vocational/technical school. Students are encouraged to meet with their counselors periodically to evaluate progress and to develop educational and vocational plans.
- Scheduling begins during the month of February. Students receive their Course of Studies booklet and the course selection process is discussed during a classroom presentation given by a counselor. The importance of exploring opportunities, future plans and making informed decisions about course selection is stressed.
- Parents/guardians are encouraged to call their child’s guidance counselor if they have any scheduling questions or concerns.
PowerSchool Scheduling Procedure
- Log onto the Parent Portal.
- Click on Class Registration.
- Follow the prompts in each of the subject fields.
- Click on the pencil to reveal the choices in each field (there may be more than one page of choices, particularly for juniors and seniors).
- Be prepared to choose at least 3 alternate elective choices (more for upperclassmen).
- Once you have chosen the correct number of first choice and alternate credits, submit.
- Registration is complete when you view a list of course selections and alternate selections.
- If you are having any problems w/submission, see your guidance counselor.
Scheduling tips for College Bound Students