About Our District
The Manchester Township School District serves nearly 3,000 students from Pre-K to grade 12 in Manchester Township, Ocean County, New Jersey. Our district is a small, diverse, close knit family with great kids and families and a caring staff. Our schools provide a quality education to our students with high academic standards as well as opportunities for students to develop skills and interests. We are focused on our students’ success and strive to provide them with the best possible individualized educational experience. Our staff is committed to studying and utilizing the most current best practices in education, exemplifying our motto of “Excellence by Example.”
- Our Schools
- Board of Education
- Our Programs & Staff
- Parent & Community Involvement
- Mission Statement
We have three elementary schools: Ridgeway Elementary School (Gr. Pre-K-5), Whiting Elementary School (Gr. Pre-K-5), and Manchester Township Elementary School (Gr. K-5). These three schools feed into Manchester Township Middle School (Gr. 6-8), and then to Manchester Township High School (Gr. 9-12). We are also the receiving district for approximately 150 high school students from neighboring Lakehurst Borough. In addition, the district has administrative responsibility for the state Regional Day School (Special Education) located in Jackson, New Jersey.
The district’s overall financial situation is characterized by stability and sensibility. We are offering a quality education that is affordable to our community. This outstanding record of fiscal responsibility has earned our district the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Accounting for the past 18 years.
We strive to provide an outstanding educational program. Instruction is provided by a highly skilled professional staff that utilizes a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of all of our students. Our staff also takes advantage of an excellent professional development program throughout the year to continue to grow professionally and offer our students a quality education.
In addition to math, science, social studies and language arts, our programs include art and music, STEM, world languages, business and marketing, ROTC, technology, AP courses, and programs for struggling students. Block scheduling at our high school allows more instructional time and more elective options for students. All of our classrooms have interactive projectors and we are nearing our goal of providing Chromebooks in all classrooms.
In addition to an excellent educational program, students in the Manchester School District have many extracurricular activity programs such as athletics, music opportunities, and a variety of academic, special interest, cultural, and community service clubs.
Manchester Township School District's mission is to forge a strong partnership between the school and community. Through this partnership it will seek to provide high-quality, student-centered education that addresses the needs of the whole person within a healthy, democratic environment. A vital part of the program is the incorporation of the expectation that all students achieve the New Jersey Core Curriculum Standards. Its staff will consist of caring, competent professionals empowered to provide a stimulating, relevant and rewarding academic program to their students.
By means of fostering the self-worth of each student, Manchester Township's graduates will have high expectations for themselves and will become responsible citizens prepared to meet the demands of the twenty-first century. They will develop an appreciation and tolerance for each person's contribution to society.
- Build strong foundations in the early grades.
- High expectations improve performance.
- Students must be active participants in learning.
- Learning should be exciting, purposeful and fun.
- Each student should reach his or her individual potential.
- Children learn best in a secure environment.
- Education involves the whole community.
- Integrity, service, and excellence are core beliefs.
- Respect for different opinions shall be fostered.
- Motivation and pride are important factors in the search for excellence.
- To raise academic expectations and improve student performance.
- To develop in our students creative thinking, risk-taking and problem-solving skills.
- To make it possible for all students to start school ready to learn.
- To foster an atmosphere of teamwork within the classroom, the school and the community.
- To provide the best possible facilities for learning. To maintain a safe and caring school environment.
- To review the possibility of implementing a Total Quality Management approach towards achieving goals and objectives.
- To ensure that the Mission Statement and set of core beliefs are the guiding force in the district’s activities.
Board of Education Offices
Superintendent, Business Office, Curriculum, Student & Admin. Services, Special Services, Transportation, Buildings & Grounds
121 County Rd. 539
P.O. Box 4100
Whiting, NJ 08759
Main Phone: 732-350-5900
Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM