Preschool Lottery Information
The Manchester Township School District will have a half-day integrated preschool program that will be open to a limited number of non-disabled children who have attained the age of 4 on or before October 1, 2021. This program is designed to provide opportunities for children with disabilities to be included with non-disabled peers.
This Preschool Inclusion Program will include 10 non-disabled children to be selected by lottery and 5-8 disabled children. The 2 ½ hour program will run from 12:30 – 3:00 p.m. beginning in September 2021. It will be located at Ridgeway Elementary School. Transportation is included. The classroom staff will consist of one certified teacher, two aides, and one speech/language specialist.
Please note: Children must be age 4 on or before October 1, 2021 and must be bathroom trained to qualify.
- Program: Preschool Inclusion Program
- Number of non-disabled children to be selected by lottery: 10
- Number of disabled children: 5 - 8
- Location: Ridgeway Elementary School
- Time: 2 ½ hours (12:30 – 3:00)
- Children’s Age: 4 on or before October 1, 2021
- Transportation: Included
- Limitations: Must be bathroom trained
- Selection Date: May 7, 2021
- Start Date: September 2021 (1st day of school for students)
- Classroom Staff: 1 certified teacher, 2 aides, 1 speech/language specialist
Lottery May 7, 2021
Ten students will be selected in a lottery system on May 7, 2021.
How to Apply
Applications for the program will be accepted online using the online form link above or by filling out a paper application and dropping the paper application at the Board of Education Office. If you are using the paper application, please contact 732-350-5900 to schedule a drop off time. Deadline to apply is 12 noon on May 7.
Ten students will be selected in a lottery system on the afternoon of May 7, 2021. If your child is selected in the lottery, you must provide your child's state-issued birth certificate and proof of residency.
You must present your child's state issued birth certificate and proof of residency as follows.
1. Two Proofs of Residence – One from each group:
Group 1 – Copy of Township tax bill, deed, lease or builder's contract
(If living with a resident, a signed, notarized letter from that resident stating you and your child(ren) live at the address accompanied by one of the group 1 items.)
Group 2 – Copy of current utility bill or home insurance statement or driver's license with correct address on it (or change of address sticker)
2. Original Birth Certificate (with raised seal)