Preschool Lottery Information
The Manchester Township School District will have a half-day integrated preschool program that will be open to a limited number of non-disabled children who have attained the age of 4 on or before October 1, 2021. This program is designed to provide opportunities for children with disabilities to be included with non-disabled peers.
This Preschool Inclusion Program will include 10 non-disabled children to be selected by lottery and 5-8 disabled children. The 2 ½ hour program will run from 12:30 – 3:00 p.m. beginning in September 2020. It will be located at Ridgeway Elementary School. Transportation is included. The classroom staff will consist of one certified teacher, two aides, and one speech/language specialist.
Please note: Children must be age 4 on or before October 1, 2021 and must be bathroom trained to qualify.
- Program: Preschool Inclusion Program
- Number of non-disabled children to be selected by lottery: 10
- Number of disabled children: 5 - 8
- Location: Ridgeway Elementary School
- Time: 2 ½ hours (12:30 – 3:00)
- Children’s Age: 4 on or before October 1, 2021
- Transportation: Included
- Limitations: Must be bathroom trained
- Selection Date: TBA
- Start Date: September 2021 (1st day of school for students)
- Classroom Staff: 1 certified teacher, 2 aides, 1 speech/language specialist
Lottery (date to be announced)
Ten students will be selected in a lottery system on (TBA).
How to Apply
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Applications for the program will be accepted online using the link above or by filling out a paper application and dropping the paper application at the Board of Education Office. If you are using the paper application, please contact 732-350-5900 to schedule a drop off time. Deadline to apply is (TBA).
Ten students will be selected in a lottery system on the afternoon of (TBA). You must provide your child's state-issued birth certificate and proof of residency if your child is selected in the lottery.
You must bring your child's state issued birth certificate and proof of residency as follows.
1. Two Proofs of Residence – One from each group:
Group 1 – Copy of Township tax bill, deed, lease or builder's contract
(If living with a resident, a signed, notarized letter from that resident stating you and your child(ren) live at the address accompanied by one of the group 1 items.)
Group 2 – Copy of current utility bill or home insurance statement or driver's license with correct address on it (or change of address sticker)
2. Original Birth Certificate (with raised seal)