It is our job to provide safe and reliable school transportation to all of the students of Manchester Twp. School District. Our staff of over 70 employees transports nearly 3,000 Pre K through 12th grade students twice daily. Safety is our number one priority.
Phone: (732) 849-2812
Fax: (732) 849-0262
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Michelle Boyle, Transportation Supervisor
Ellen Meaney, Secretary/Dispatcher
Renato Raineri, Head Mechanic
Janice Inkrote, Secretary/Garage
Bus Drivers Needed Now!
Starting at $23.07/hr (effective 9/1)
Valid NJ Drivers license required. Class “B” CDL, with air brake endorsement preferred with air brake endorsement, passenger & school bus endorsement a plus. We will train you to get your CDL. Must have a clean driving and criminal record and be in good health. Health benefits available.
Now Hiring Bus Aides Also!
Contact the Transportation Dept. at 732-849-2812.
Bus Stop Safety Reminders
- Stay back at least 10 feet from the road while waiting for the bus. Do not play games or run around at the bus stop.
- When you see the bus coming, form a line—do not rush to the roadway or push others to try to be the first on the bus.
- If you must cross in front of the bus, look at the driver for directions and cross in front of the crossing gate arm.
- Never walk behind the bus.
- Do not try to pick up something dropped near the bus—the bus driver may not see you. Ask the driver first.
- Have respect for others’ property at the bus stop and on the bus.
- We strongly recommend that younger students be supervised at the bus stop (coming and going) by a parent or other adult.
- Do not crowd the bus stop with personal vehicles. This poses a danger by obstructing traffic and blocking drivers’ views.
- Park all cars legally - 25 feet back from the intersection. Do not park in the wrong direction.
- Do not block the place that the bus makes its stop. Do not block the driveways of the property owners at the stop. Do not block walkways or mailboxes.
- Have students in an orderly straight line as the bus approaches.
- Have the students respect the homeowner’s property at the bus stop.
- Look carefully before allowing your child to exit your vehicle at the bus stop.
- Do not pull your vehicle directly behind a bus and release your child to run alongside the bus.
- Do not “chase” the bus from one stop to another. If your child misses the bus, please take your child directly to school.
- We strongly recommend that all students be at the assigned bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled bus arrival.
- Check your child’s clothing to make sure it is safe – long, dangling drawstrings and straps, long scarves, loose clothing and oversized backpacks pose a safety hazard.