The staff of the Transportation Department of Manchester Twp. School District welcomes you. It is our job to provide safe and reliable school transportation to all of the students of Manchester Twp. School District. Our staff of over 70 employees transports more than 3,000 Pre K through 12th grade students twice daily.
Phone: (732) 849-2812
Fax: (732) 849-0262
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Michelle Boyle, Transportation Supervisor
Ellen Meaney, Secretary/Dispatcher
Renato Raineri, Head Mechanic
Casey Beers, Mechanic
Substitute Bus Drivers Needed Now! $15/hr.
Valid Class “B” CDL, with air brake endorsement preferred with air brake endorsement, passenger & school bus endorsement a plus. We will train you to get your CDL. Must have a clean driving and criminal record and be in good health.
Contract positions opening in September.
Contact the Transportation Dept. at 732-849-2812.
Bus Stop Safety Reminders
- Stay back at least 10 feet from the road while waiting for the bus. Do not play games or run around at the bus stop.
- When you see the bus coming, form a line—do not rush to the roadway or push others to try to be the first on the bus.
- If you must cross in front of the bus, look at the driver for directions and cross in front of the crossing gate arm.
- Never walk behind the bus.
- Do not try to pick up something dropped near the bus—the bus driver may not see you. Ask the driver first.
- Have respect for others’ property at the bus stop and on the bus.
- We strongly recommend that younger students be supervised at the bus stop (coming and going) by a parent or other adult.
- Do not crowd the bus stop with personal vehicles. This poses a danger by obstructing traffic and blocking drivers’ views.
- Park all cars legally - 25 feet back from the intersection. Do not park in the wrong direction.
- Do not block the place that the bus makes its stop. Do not block the driveways of the property owners at the stop. Do not block walkways or mailboxes.
- Have students in an orderly straight line as the bus approaches.
- Have the students respect the homeowner’s property at the bus stop.
- Look carefully before allowing your child to exit your vehicle at the bus stop.
- Do not pull your vehicle directly behind a bus and release your child to run alongside the bus.
- Do not “chase” the bus from one stop to another. If your child misses the bus, please take your child directly to school.
- We strongly recommend that all students be at the assigned bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled bus arrival.
- Check your child’s clothing to make sure it is safe – long, dangling drawstrings and straps, long scarves, loose clothing and oversized backpacks pose a safety hazard.