During sophomore year, students meet with their guidance counselor for a preliminary discussion of college and career plans. This is the time when the students should make sure their classes are in accordance with their future career paths. All sophomore students have the opportunity to take the PSAT’s during the month of October. The results of the PSAT’s allow the students to see their strengths and weaknesses as well as the areas that need improvement to succeed on the SAT’s.
Scheduling begins during the month of March. Find Course Descriptions and selection information on the Courses & Requirements page. The course selection process is discussed during a classroom presentation given by a counselor. The importance of exploring opportunities, future plans and making informed decisions about course selection is stressed.
Parents/guardians are encouraged to call their child’s guidance counselor if they have any scheduling questions or concerns.
Genesis Scheduling Procedure
- Visit the student portal and login with your student portal credentials.
- Next, you will need to select the “Scheduling” tab.
- Once you are in the “Scheduling” tab, you will need to access the “Requests” sub tab.
- Now you will see the subject request selection page. You will need to click “Request a course” on each of the subjects that you would like to take.
- After clicking request a course, you will be in the course catalog screen for the subject that you selected. This is the screen where you will make a request. You have three options: Priority of the request, Additional Information(comment), and Request this course. The only required option is Request this Course.
- After making a request the system will bring you back to the subject selection screen. The system will also show you all the previous requests that you made. You can also delete a request by clicking the trash can on the right of a previous request.