Course Selection Instructions
Students, please review the steps below in order to schedule your classes for the upcoming 2022-2023 Academic Year.
1. Review the Program of Studies
2. Use your next year's grade level worksheets to plan for your course requests.
3. Find information about specific department/courses in the Program of Studies.
4. To schedule classes follow Genesis scheduling procedures below.
- Some courses require a teacher recommendation or prerequisites. If needed, discuss this with your teacher.
- The following courses require applications:
- SENIORS interested in early release should contact Guidance. Early release applications can be found in the guidance department. Early Release Applications will be accepted until May 31, 2022
- When scheduling you must request several alternative choices, so that you have options if you don’t receive your 1st choice. Lack of alternative choices will lead to a course being chosen for you.
- Do not schedule a course you have already taken. If you do so, a different one will be chosen for you.
Genesis Portal Scheduling
Scheduling will be done again in the spring.
- Visit the student portal and login with your student portal credentials.
- Next, select the 'Scheduling' tab.
- Once you are in the 'Scheduling' tab, access the 'Requests' sub tab.
- Now you will see the subject request selection page. Click 'Request a course' on each of the subjects that you would like to take.
- After clicking request a course, you will be in the course catalog screen for the subject that you selected. This is the screen where you will make a request. You have three options: Priority of the request, Additional Information (comment), and Request this course. The only required option is Request this Course.
- After making a request the system will bring you back to the subject selection screen. The system will also show you all the previous requests that you made. You can also delete a request by clicking the trash can on the right of a previous request.