Community ResourcesOcean's Harbor House- Offer groups such as N.A, Young Men's Group, Young Women's group, Anger Management, Peer Leadership, Parent Support Group, and more. Contact them at 732-929-4001
Ocean County Social Skills Groups- Opportunities for children to feel connected and supported by peers in a safe and nurturing enviornment. www.OceanCountySocialSkills.com
Short Term Counseling Services 732-341-1000 ext. 8437 Offers short term counseling services for children ages 6-17 who are residents of Ocean County.
Ocean County Health Dept. 732-341-9700 ext. 7603 or www.ochd.org
St. Barnabas Institute for Prevention 732-914-3815 or www.instituteforprevention.com is running a Family Program to educate parents, grandparents and guardians of Middle Schoolers. 732-942-5753
Tools for Teens and Adults: Different activities are at the Ocean County Library for free. Contact the Toms River Branch for upcoming events and registration 732-349-6200
Homework Help Websites
A Math Dictionary For Kids- http://www.amathdictionaryforkids.com/
Watch Know Learn- http://watchknowlearn.org/
CIA World Fact Book- https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.htm
Managing your study time- www.how-to-study.com
Important Resources Available
Sign up for parenting tips and newsletter for stratgies to help keep your kids Drug Free at www.drugfree.org
Youth Helpline: 2ndfloor.org -Accepts phone calls on various peer issues and family relationships.
www.ComfortZoneCamp.org This camp hold weekend bereavement camps for children who have experienced the death of a parent, sibling, or significant loved one.
www.learningpeace.com Learning Peace brings the skills of peacemaking and conflict resolution to the
home and the classroom: skills that can be used by parents, teachers and children.
Student Assistance Resources
Marijuana Facts for Teens
Online Safety Power point presentation on internet app safety such as Kik, Ask FM, and Instagram.
- In a medical or mental health emergency please call 911 immediately.
- DAWN website - In these stressful times, please check out this site created by students for students to quickly access tips and tools to help you cope.
- Performcare - If you are struggling with a personal or family crisis, speak to your parents about contacting Performcare at 877-652-7624 for access to services.
- Suicide Prevention - If you or someone you know if having thoughts about doing harm to themself, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline is a great source of support for any type of issue or problem. Call or text 888-222-2228 for 2nd Floor.
- NJ Mental Health Network - Free confidential support call 1-866-202-HELP (4357)
- For information about mental health and substance abuse treatment services, or other community supports contact your Guidance counselor or call United Way at 211.