- Ocean's Harbor House- Offer groups such as N.A, Young Men's Group, Young Women's group, Anger Management, Peer Leadership, Parent Support Group, and more. Contact them at 732-929-4001
- Ocean County Social Skills Groups- Opportunities for children to feel connected and supported by peers in a safe and nurturing enviornment. www.OceanCountySocialSkills.com
- Short Term Counseling Services 732-341-1000 ext. 8437 Offers short term counseling services for children ages 6-17 who are residents of Ocean County.
- Ocean County Health Dept. 732-341-9700 ext. 7603 or www.ochd.org
- St. Barnabas Institute for Prevention 732-914-3815 or instituteforprevention.com is running a Family Program to educate parents, grandparents and guardians of Middle Schoolers. 732-942-5753
- Tools for Teens and Adults: Different activities are at the Ocean County Library for free. Contact the Toms River Branch for upcoming events and registration 732-349-6200
Homework Help Websites
- Kahn Academy
- A Math Dictionary For Kids
- Watch Know Learn.org
- CIA World Fact Book
- Fact monster.com
- Free Homework Tips Newsletter
- How-to-study.com - Managing your study time
Important Resources Available
Sign up for parenting tips and newsletter for stratgies to help keep your kids Drug Free.
- Youth Helpline: 2ndfloor.org
Accepts phone calls 888-222-2228 on various peer issues and family relationships.
- Comfort Zone Camp
This camp holds weekend bereavement camps for children who have experienced the death of a parent, sibling, or significant loved one.
- The Cool Spot
provides information about underage drinking and alcohol problems.
earning Peace brings the skills of peacemaking and conflict resolution to the
home and the classroom: skills that can be used by parents, teachers and children.
Student Assistance Resources
Drugrehab.com - Guides
In a medical or mental health emergency please call 911 immediately.
- DAWN website - In these stressful times, please check out this site created by students for students to quickly access tips and tools to help you cope.
- Performcare - If you are struggling with a personal or family crisis, speak to your parents about contacting Performcare at 877-652-7624 for access to services.
- Suicide Prevention - If you or someone you know if having thoughts about doing harm to themself, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline is a great source of support for any type of issue or problem. Call or text 888-222-2228 for 2nd Floor.
- NJ Mental Health Network - Free confidential support call 1-866-202-HELP (4357)
- For information about mental health and substance abuse treatment services, or other community supports contact your Guidance counselor or call United Way at 211.