Bus Pass and Safety Information
Bus passes will be available Thursday 9/2 on the Parent Portal.
Please note that we made some significant changes in our software that increased our efficiency for transportation assignments. However, whenever you make a change, there will be some adjustments and you may find that your bus stop location has changed this year. Please wait for the first two weeks before any requests for changes are made. However, if there is a serious safety concern, please call our transportation office immediately at 732-849-2812.
Please be at your bus stop 10 minutes before the scheduled time. Please be aware that buses may run early or late for the first week as schedules are adjusted. Your bus driver will let you know if your pickup time changes.
Face Masks Required
Face masks must be worn by all students on the bus.
Bus Stop Safety Reminders
- Stay back at least 10 feet from the road while waiting for the bus. Do not play games or run around at the bus stop.
- When you see the bus coming, form a line—do not rush to the roadway or push others to try to be the first on the bus.
- If you must cross in front of the bus, look at the driver for directions and cross in front of the crossing gate arm.
- Never walk behind the bus.
- Do not try to pick up something dropped near the bus—the bus driver may not see you. Ask the driver first.
- Have respect for others’ property at the bus stop and on the bus.
- We strongly recommend that younger students be supervised at the bus stop (coming and going) by a parent or other adult.
- Do not crowd the bus stop with personal vehicles. This poses a danger by obstructing traffic and blocking drivers’ views.
- Park all cars legally - 25 feet back from the intersection. Do not park in the wrong direction.
- Do not block the place that the bus makes its stop. Do not block the driveways of the property owners at the stop. Do not block walkways or mailboxes.
- Have students line up in an orderly straight line as the bus approaches.
- Ensure that students respect the homeowner’s property at the bus stop.
- Look carefully before allowing your child to exit your vehicle at the bus stop.
- Do not pull your vehicle directly behind a bus and release your child to run alongside the bus.
- Do not “chase” the bus from one stop to another. If your child misses the bus, please take your child directly to school.
- We strongly recommend that all students be at the assigned bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled bus arrival.
- Check your child’s clothing to make sure it is safe – long, dangling drawstrings and straps, long scarves, loose clothing and oversized backpacks pose a safety hazard.