Reminders for the proper use of face masks in our school buildings
Governor’s Executive Order 251 requires that face masks be worn in all school buildings. The district is following CDC and Ocean County Health Department guidelines for mask wearing, which include the following:
- The most effective fabrics for cloth masks are tightly woven such as cotton and cotton blends, breathable, and in two or three fabric layers. Disposable paper surgical masks are also effective.
- Mask that are NOT acceptable:
- Masks with exhalation valves or vents.
- Masks that use loosely woven fabrics such as mesh.
- Plastic face shields are not a replacement for masks.
- Wear a mask that
- Covers your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Fits snugly against the sides of your face.
- Masks should be washed after every day of use and/or before being used again, or if visibly soiled or damp/wet.
- Disposable face masks should be changed daily or when visibly soiled, damp or damaged.
- Please see the following resources: