Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem solving skills, and social interaction.
How to use sensory play for language development:
- work on giving commands/following directions
- introducing new vocabulary (words, signs, pictures)
- expanding language concepts, such as: adjectives, action verbs, prepositions, plurals, etc.
- asking/answering questions
- play together to increase social skills
Example of things you can use for sensory play:
- Kinetic Sand
- Pluffle (my personal favorite)