Remote Learning FAQs
We have created this page to give answers to frequently asked questions during this time of school building closure and remote learning. We will continue to add information as we receive questions from our community. Since this is unchartered territory for everyone (not just Manchester Township School District) your patience and cooperation is very much appreciated. Please do not hesitate to reach out to staff and administration with any questions or feedback you may have. We will work together as one Manchester Family to navigate these upcoming weeks.
Remember distance learning will not duplicate the traditional face to face instructional model. This is a new method of teaching and learning for students, teachers and families. The model will evolve as all of the partners in this process learn from both the speedbumps encountered and the successes realized over the course of the next few weeks.
- How will instruction be delivered?
- How do I communicate with Teachers?
- Academics & Grading
- How do I get help with Remote Learning Technology?
- Where do I find updates about remote learning?
- Has the School Calendar changed?
- What about Athletics & Extracurricular Activities?
- Will State Testing be cancelled?
- Can I still apply for Free and Reduced Lunch?
- Facts about COVID19 from CDC
- Prevention and treatment (CDC)
- NJ COVID 19 Information Hub
- NJ Dept of Health COVID19 Info
- Ocean County Health Dept. COVID19 Info
- Google COVID 19 Site
- How to Talk to Your Child about Coronavirus
- Parent/Caregiver Guide from National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- NJ Mental Health Network - Free confidential support call 1-866-202-HELP (4357)
- Crisis Hotlines