Social Emotional Learning Resources
- Manchester Schools Implement Social Emotional Learning Initiatives
News article about SEL presentation at the September 2019 BOE meeting.
- SEL DOCUMENTS & PRESENTATIONS
This folder contains district resources, including the presentation from our Mindfulness Parent Workshop on 2-13-2020 and three video mindfulness assemblies from Sarah Stevenson.
- Mindful Education Services - The Affirmative Classroom
Sarah Stevenson's website - this page describes the program.
- Parent Toolkit: Social and Emotional Development
Research shows that those with higher social-emotional skills have better attention skills and fewer learning problems, and are generally more successful in academic and workplace settings. Like any math or English skills, these skills can be taught and grow over time.
- Edutopia: A Parents Guide to Social and Emotional Learning
A curated list of articles and videos for parents about fostering skills like kindness, empathy, resilience, perseverance, and focus in children.