How to Upload to Google Drive
- Go to google.com
- Login to your district Google account.
(****@mtschools.org) - your password should be your SMID number unless you have already logged in and changed it
- Open the GOOGLE DRIVE app.
- Open an existing folder or create a new one.
- Click NEW to upload your documents into the proper folder. If you have linked the folder on your website, any new uploads will be immediately visible to web users using the link. You will not need to edit the website at all once have posted the link.
- Users will go directly to this file, and your files will be listed in alphabetical order by file name, so it is important to name the files with a clear format.
Uploading Photos and Sharing a File in Your Post (Video)
For optimal viewing by users on all platforms, you should convert your files to PDF format before uploading. This can be done with Word, Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint files by clicking ‘save as’ and choosing PDF as your file format. Save as the smallest file size.
Naming Your Files
Users will see your files listed by file name so it is important to name files clearly. Your file names should clearly identify the document or photo. In Google Drive, rename files by right clicking on the file and selecting RENAME.
Examples for documents and presentations:
- Field Trip Form
- Homework 01-15-2018
- PTA Meeting 02-15-2018 Flyer
- Shakespeare Powerpoint
Examples for Photos (place photos in a separate folder for each event):
- Veterans Visit 1 (2,3,4,etc.)
- Winter Concert 1 (2,3,4,etc.)
- Mrs Jones Teacher of the Year
- Book Report Project