There was a lot of excitement on the opening of Ridgeway's 2017-2018 school year.Not only were staff and students happy to return, but speaking for myself and Mr. Jones, we just couldn't wait to present the opening of our new media center and computer lab.Here's the latest:
- Mrs. Bachonski worked hard this summer to transition to the role of Media Specialist. She will hold a Media Center Open House on our first Library Night, October 5th.At that time, parents are welcome to stop by the Media Center, share refreshments, and tour our new student-centered space.
- By now you probably heard that Ridgeway has received a very generous MTEF grant for $15,000 to create a new STEAM Lab.Mrs. Velazquez has been instrumental in securing the purchases and insuring that the space stays true to our mission, which is to create engaging and differentiated opportunities for all learners to experience technology in a meaningful way. The new STEAM lab will be open in November and parents will be invited to come in and see how we have infused Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math into our computer lab.
- There have been several Ridgeway weddings this summer.Please remember that Miss Kenny is now Mrs. Adiletta, Miss Russo is now Mrs. Lowe, Miss Malast is now Mrs. Switay, and Miss Wozniak is now Mrs. Knight.
- Back to School Night is on September 26th.We will begin the evening with our ESL Parents at 5:30.At 6 pm, all parents of basic skills students should meet in the Media Center. The general meeting for all parents will be held at 6:30 pm.Classroom visits will follow the general meeting.Please remember that this evening is for parents and guardians.
- Our Applebees Fundraiser is scheduled from 8 to 10am on Saturday, September 29th.Please join us for breakfast and support our efforts to fundraise for learning equipment
- Barnes and Noble Night is scheduled for October 19th.
- Our first Coffee with the Principal will be held on Tuesday, October 24th.Please look for a flyer which will go home early in October.
As always, I look forward to working with you.If you have questions or concerns, please contact me, or Kevin Jones, our vice principal.